Delicious and airy; such a summery combination – I’ve modified this recipe from the Edmond’s cookbook banana muffins: enjoy!
2 cups of flour
3 cups of mashed banana (roughly 5 banana’s – use up those frozen ones maybe?)
4tbsp warm milk
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
3/4 cup of sugar
1 punnet of blueberries (about 1 cup)
- Cream sugar + butter together.
- Add the eggs one by one & mix thoroughly.
- Next add the 3 cups of mashed banana.
- Mix together the baking soda and warm milk in a seperate little bowl.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl, then in two parts fold the dry ingredients with the baking-soda/milk into the wet ingredients.
Voila! Pop a couple of tbsp’s of the mix into your greased muffin trays – bang’em into the oven at 160 degrees celsius fan bake for about 20 minutes and you have yourself some moist & fluffy muffins your mum, neighbour or kid will love.
Extra for experts: do the washing up while your muffins are baking.